Shabby Chic furniture is one of the easiest ways of giving your old furniture a new look, feel and life. In order to shabby chic furniture you need the follow these steps.
What to do:
- Remove the old handles if you are looking to change the handles as well .
- Fill all the holes if there are any. You must also left holes where you are looking to place the new handles. Once you have filled the holes, you let them to dry.
- Place the newspaper to protect the floor. You will be removing the old paint and stains if any. You should either complete this task at some other place for example, the garden. If you are doing it in the room, protect your floor.
- Use slightly wet or damp water to remove the dust. Leave it for few minutes to dry.
- Apply the masking tape on the areas where you are not willing to paint.
- Paint with paint.
- Paint with primer. Leave it for few minutes to dry.
- Now paint with the color you have chosen and leave it for few minutes to dry.
- Remove the tapes carefully.
- Choose the areas to distress and complete the task with the help of sandpaper.
- Again use the damp or slightly wet cloth to remove the dust.
- Apply finishing wax thoroughly and leave it for few minutes to dry.
- Attach the handles
- Admire the hard work and feel happy.
french-country-furniture | antique pine bookcase - 4 | chaise lounge chairs trivette |